On Christmas morning, we got out of bed and had breakfast casserole and biscuits with Jelly before opening presents. I know, I know. It's mean to make the kid eat before presents but he didn't even know the presents were there until after breakfast was over and I took him in the living room to show him.
Here is Joshua digging into his blackberry jelly. Amy D did a great job on it and Joshua loves the stuff!
YUMMY YUMMY! He is so cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. He doesn't even act like a baby anymore (unless he is throwing a tantrum). He is little mister independent. Look at him digging in.
Ok, so now we realize that there are presents in here. This was the 5th or 6th day that he had opened any presents for Christmas. He had get-togethers with other sides of the family and with extended family and exchanges with his little buddies. By this time, he was a pro.
But it didn't take him long to pick on out and get started. This was not a quick process by any means. I make it a little harder on everyone who opens gifts that I wrap because I insist on putting a bow on everything.
As soon as Joshua opened his camo rain boots, he insisted on putting them on. So, here he is in his Chrismas jammies and his rain boots opening gifts.
The present behind him....not interested...the box in front of him....only has boots in it but he was more interested in his boots...
Don't I look lovely? I wanted to start the tradition where we all get up and open presents in our jammies.....all but Jesse anyway. I couldn't show you those pictures. LOL!
I almost didn't buy the Elmo giggle and go garage. I picked it up along with some extra cars at the last minute. I am really glad that I did. It is one of his favorite toys.
Here is Joshua opening and trying to figure out how to use his Thomas lantern. Some days, he is soooo funny with it. He will turn the light on and bounce around the house laughing at himself.
Here is the Elmo Giggle & Go Garage. It talks in several different of the Sesame St. voices as the cars drive over different spots.
And Mega Bloks! I had talked before about getting him the two big bags to add to his collection. I am really glad that I did. We now have enough bloks to make a fort. He already had the tracks of megs bloks and so we combine those and then he uses his train on them instead of cars.
I know, we always go overboard for Christmas. I can't help it though. I like being able to spoil him on Christmas morning. You can see a couple of things there that aren't in the pics above. There is a picture of Jesse & Joshua in a frame and Jesse and I each got digital picture gadgets as take alongs.
0 comments:
Post a Comment