We decided to take Memorial Day Weekend off and head to the Lake. I drove, which I don't usually do. I want you people to know that I made an hour and 10 minute trip(only into the next state) into a 40 minute one. I only saw one cop until we crossed the state line. After that, we usually don't see any but there were tons this time! It's cool though. No ticket for me. I just get us there so much faster than if Jesse were driving. We only stopped once at our traditional Walmart(where we always stop) because someone, not mommy, forgot to pack Mickey. Uh-Oh! We need something to sleep with!! We had to let Joshua pick out a new teddy bear at Walmart to sleep with. We made it to the Lake about 11:15 Friday night. Here are our pictures from Saturday.
Joshua loves to watch the water move. He is completely fascinated with it and it was hard to keep him from leaning completely out of the boat.
On Saturday, we took our lunch out on the boat. Joshua had pb&j and the rest of us had lunch meat. Here he is enjoying his sandwich.
Story time!!! This is the "Crack House". It has disconnected from someones dock and is just floating downstream towards the dam. Story has it that the owner of this floating house has been put in jail for dealing crack. Now, there is no one to take care of his property and it is just floating away. It will randomly get stuck on someones property and they just shove it back out into the middle of the lake to let it float downstream a little more.

Joshua is the biggest hugger ever! He will hug anyone and everyone. Here I am getting a good one from him.

We had a cooler on the boat and Joshua got into it and started eating the ice. He looks like he is enjoying himself doesn't he?

...and he fell in the cooler! Laurie is sitting right above him but I didn't let her get him until I got a picture. He was pretty mad but it was pretty funny.

This is Glen's boat. Jesse and Joe went on it for a while and Jesse surfed behind it. This is a picture of Glen's wife, Pam surfing. I only got video of Jesse doing it, no pictures.

Saturday evening when we went out, it was chilly. So, Joshua is wearing jeans and his jacket under his life vest.

You know it's bad when both the Coast Guard and The Lake Ranger have boarded your boat! We did a little circling around and checking it out. Of course, I had to get pictures!!! We had gone to the marina for a little while and we were heading home when we saw this.
More story time! You have to bear with my little drawing that I did in Paint.Ok, we were coming from the Marina toward the house. We had rounded the bend and we were getting ready to pull into the dock(that little black dot on the edge of the water near the house). The black circle in the middle by the marina is where the Coast Guard and the Ranger had the other boat. As we were pulling in, a boat is coming from the other direction(further right on your screen) headed toward the marina. He is speeding and breaking the noise rules. We are just sitting there laughing because he has no idea what he is about to come up on. So, we watch as he heads down and around the bend. Then, all goes quiet. He had cut his engine as soon as he saw the cops. He probably peed himself ;-) "No officer, it wasn't me making all that noise flying down through there. It was the pontoon boat that is sitting around the bend". We got a good laugh at his expense. I am quite the artist aren't I?
Well, that concludes Saturday. Sunday is to come.






0 comments:
Post a Comment