So, we took Joshua to a local egg hunt. It was supposed to be HUGE! We invited Noah and Timmy to go too. It turned out to be a major bust! I am just very glad that the kids weren't really old enough to know how bad it was. All three kids were in the age group for 1-3 year olds. They had like a 12 ft. by 24 ft. area with eggs in it. When all was said and done, there had been enough eggs there for each kid to get 1 to 2 eggs. It was a very sad display. I called the place that put it on and let them know that I was disappointed in how it worked out. I think they were anticipating that because it was cold, the little kids wouldn't be out and in fact, there were more 1-3 year olds than any other age group. I felt bad that Cynetta had rushed to get there for Noah to get 2 eggs. I think I am a firm believer now in just doing our own egg hunt. If we do our own, it also opens the door for us to explain the trinity using the three parts of the egg as a visualization.....Father, Son, Holy Spirit...three parts...one egg.
Here is my little buddy, all bundled up and looking for the non-existent eggs.
Here is my little buddy, all bundled up and looking for the non-existent eggs.





0 comments:
Post a Comment